Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE PLEASE ADD GIFT CARD SUPPORT IN LIBERTY!

- Do you use Gift Cards now?
    YES
    - Are they the plastic ones that look like credit cards?
    NO, WE USE PAPER
    - Are they generic looking or did you have custom art work put on them?
    CUSTOM ART WORK
    - How many do you sell in a year?
    WE'VE ONLY BEEN OPEN FOR 8 MONTHS, BUT WE HAVE SOLD ABOUT 5 AND GIVEN AWAY ABOUT 5 TO CHARITY EVENTS FOR SCHOOLS
    - What are most common dollar amounts sold?
    $25-50
    - Do you sell them all year long or do you sell them mostly around Christmas time?
    ALL YEAR
    - Do you use an outside service to track the balances?
    NO, WE ADJUST THE PAPER, IT IS HORRIBLE! WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO SPEND THE ENTIRE AMOUNT.
    - What did you pay for the cards? For how many?
    - Do you have to pay per swipe?
    - Do you feel it's worth it? If not, what would make it worth it?
    - Would it make a difference if everything was tracked within Liberty?
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!
    - If you're not using gift cards, what's the biggest hurdle stopping you? Upfront cost? Ability to track them? Give us your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Comment

- Do you use Gift Cards
      no, we sell paper gift certificates, and open an account in Liberty with a begining balance in the amount of the Gift Certificate. When a GC is redeemed, we use the balance on the account --just like consignment credit.
      no, paper
      we designed our own GC.
      1 or 2 per week throughout the year, and 3-8 per week during the holidays.
      - What are most common dollar amounts sold? 1. $25 2. $50
      - Do you sell them all year long or do you sell them mostly around Christmas time? all year long
      no
      N/A
      N/A
      N/A
      yes
      - If you're not using gift cards, what's the biggest hurdle stopping you? Upfront cost? Ability to track them? Give us your thoughts.
      Our system seems to work fine, and the only cost is the cost of printing (pretty minimal.) Also: the paper certificates are biodegradable and recyclable. Plastic cards will just pile up in the landfill.
      Karen M Goddard
      M & C Clothing and Gifts, LLC
      Nashua, NH

www.mothersays.com
      http://mothersays.shoprw.com
      kgoddard@mothersays.com

Comment

Gift Cards

Do you use Gift Cards now? No, we use paper gift certificates
        - Are they the plastic ones that look like credit cards? Paper - they look like invitations placed in an envelope with a ribbon bow on the side.
        - Are they generic looking or did you have custom art work put on them? We print them with our logo on it which is very important to us.- How many do you sell in a year? 50-ish
        - What are most common dollar amounts sold? $25 & $100 (not many $50's)
        - Do you sell them all year long or do you sell them mostly around Christmas time? All year long but more sell at Christmas
        - Do you use an outside service to track the balances? Nope
        - What did you pay for the cards? For how many? $20 for 50 and we print them- Do you have to pay per swipe? n/a
        - Do you feel it's worth it? If not, what would make it worth it? I don't want to pay per swipe, I'll pay for custom printed cards with bar codes stuck on the back
        - Would it make a difference if everything was tracked within Liberty? Oh yes. Again, I'm not going to pay a percentage of the trx or a per swipe fee, so tracking values in Liberty is very appealing to us. Of course we have multiple locations, so we would need to figure out how to honor the card at one location that had been purchased in another.- If you're not using gift cards, what's the biggest hurdle stopping you? Trx fees Upfront cost? My cc company has waived the upfront cost, but it makes no sense to give away a portion of the gift certificate when there are other ways to track them. Ability to track them? Not a big deal. Give us your thoughts. It would be nice to be able to use this gift card as a reward card, too.
        Tracy True Dismukes
        Collage Designer Consignment
        Homewood & Vestavia, AL

Comment

Gift cards

Hi. We have 2 stores - one clothing consignment, the other retail maternity - both in Canada, so there are some differences from the U.S. We have plastic gift cards at the maternity store, and use a paper certificate at the consignment store. I'll talk about the plastic gift card at the maternity store.

We purchased 500 plastic cards from our debit machine supplier about 3 years ago. They are customized to Bellies in Bloom Maternity and look great. We sell maybe 3 or 4 a month, in any denomination the customer wants - usually around $50 - $100. Since the cards are re-usable, we significantly overestimated how many we would sell. They were expensive, around $300 I think.

There is no ongoing charge for the cards. They work through our debit machine, like any other pre-loaded card (like at Starbucks).

It was an upfront investment, sunk cost so we won't change it, we'll be using this service for years to come. It was definitely worth it. I am having some difficulties finding the right report to show the liability we have outstanding for 'sold' gift cards, mind you.

Given our gift card volume is low (at both stores), I don't see a lot of value in putting this into Resaleworld. I would rather see more investment in managing retail inventory effectively. Even our consignment store derives 15% of its revenue from our retail stock.

Regards,
          Doug Klem
          Bellies in Bloom Maternity and Clothesline Clothing.
          Doug Klem
          Bellies in Bloom Maternity.

Comment

Not cards but certificates (purchased through My Girlfriends Closet)
            No
            Graphics were already on them; pink and black (our store colors) w/images of girls shopping
            In the 10 months we have been open we have sold 8. Mostly they are used for NFP requests.
            $20 highest $60
            - Do you sell them all year long or do you sell them mostly around Christmas time?
            N/A
            No
            We purchased the certificates in a pkg.
            N/A
            I think a swipe card would be great, but the "brand" issue may be a difficult thing to work through.
            I think so, it's amazing when there is a system for something how much better it makes it work.
            - If you're not using gift cards, what's the biggest hurdle stopping you?
            N/A
            Upfront cost? Ability to track them? Give us your thoughts.
            With Christmas & Valentines day coming I think it would be a great perk for our clients!

Comment

Gift Cards

Ans. Yes
              Ans. Yes
              Ans. Custom with Logo.
              Ans. Several hundred
              Ans. $50, $100
              Ans. All year
              Ans. No
              Ans. Under $1.00 each
              Ans. No
              Ans. Yes
              Ans. Yes. Simpler and the ability to tie into Liberty Reports.
              - If you're not using gift cards, what's the biggest hurdle stopping you?
              Upfront cost? Ability to track them? Give us your thoughts.
              Ans. NA

Ed, this would be a well received addition. For our part, we would be pleased to order card supplies from Resaleworld just as we do checks, envelopes, labels and equipment.

Bob
              Closet Exchange

Comment

Gift Cards

WE love gift cards. We have been waiting a long time and would jump on it as soon as you release it.
                Thanks,
                Barbara

Comment

- Do you use Gift Cards now? yes
                  - Are they the plastic ones that look like credit cards? currently, but we are going back to paper
                  - Are they generic looking or did you have custom art work put on them? generic
                  - How many do you sell in a year? very few
                  - What are most common dollar amounts sold? lower amounts like $20
                  - Do you sell them all year long or do you sell them mostly around Christmas time? Mostly around Christmas, but a few here & there
                  - Do you use an outside service to track the balances? right now, yes it's through our credit card processing company. We are changing companies & they do not support gift cards, so we are going back to paper.
                  - What did you pay for the cards? For how many? I honestly don't remember, the previous owner purchased them
                  - Do you have to pay per swipe? yes
                  - Do you feel it's worth it? If not, what would make it worth it? no. I don't sell enough
                  - Would it make a difference if everything was tracked within Liberty? It wouldn't make difference as to using plastic cards. I would like if gift cards/certificates could be tracked
                  - If you're not using gift cards, what's the biggest hurdle stopping you? Upfront cost? Ability to track them? Give us your thoughts.

Comment

Gift card feedback

- Do you use Gift Cards now? yes
                    - Are they the plastic ones that look like credit cards? yes
                    - Are they generic looking or did you have custom art work put on them? they are custom with our logo on them
                    - How many do you sell in a year? under 25
                    - What are most common dollar amounts sold? around $20
                    - Do you sell them all year long or do you sell them mostly around Christmas time? we do sell them all year long
                    - Do you use an outside service to track the balances? yes, they run through my credit card machine
                    - What did you pay for the cards? For how many? $500 for 500 cards - at least 5 years ago and haven't run out of the original supply yet
                    - Do you have to pay per swipe? yes and it is about $15 per month whether I have any activity or not
                    - Do you feel it's worth it? I do think we have to offer some sort of gift card, but I would rather have one I can track myself through my software and not pay per swipe. If not, what would make it worth it? I would definitely buy cards from you if you add some tracking to the software
                    - Would it make a difference if everything was tracked within Liberty? YES!

I hope you will make this addtion to the software. I will change if it will save me money. But it won't be worth switching if I just have to pay the same fees to you instead of someone else. I already have cards to last me for several years, so unless I can eliminate the monthly fee and the swipe fees, I won't switch

Thanks!
                    DeAnn - Bargain Betty's

Comment

- Do you use Gift Cards now? no

We currently make our own gift certificates. They have our logo on them and have a 1 year expiration.

We often sell them for large amounts and reissue them for smaller amounts as the giftee spends them down.

We also use them to make donations for assorted charities who request to distribute them as door prizes and schwag to throw out at their events. Usually for these events the gift certificates vary between $25-$50.

- How many do you sell in a year? So far in '09 we have sold 12
                      - What are most common dollar amounts sold? The average ticket has been $77.00. Two of these were for very specific amounts because the gift'er knew exactly what the giftee wanted but wanted them to select the size/color they wanted.
                      - Do you sell them all year long or do you sell them mostly around Christmas time? we do sell them all year long, & mostly at Christmas
                      - Do you use an outside service to track the balances? no
                      - Do you feel it's worth it? I haven't been able to justify the cost for what you get. This system is cost-effective, customized and easy to track.
                      - Would it make a difference if everything was tracked within Liberty? YES! Some employees skip a few steps in our ledger ie. amount and date & crossing off when they are redeemed.
                      Erica
                      Erica & Pepi Gerald
                      2nd Wind Sports, LLC.
                      "New and Consigned Gorge Recreation Equipment and Apparel"
                      Hood River, OR
                      541-386-4464
                      www.2ndwind-sports.com
                      Our Blog: http://2ndwindsports.wordpress.com/
                      Become a FAN of 2nd Wind Sports on Facebook!

Comment

What do you think?

Hey everyone,

The next release of Liberty (3.6) will include a number of new changes. I am sure you will like some of the additional features we are currently adding.

The good news is that gift cards have been implemented into this version. You will be able to sell gift cards, add amounts to them, redeem and replenish if you desire. There will be no fees for using the gift card feature. Yeah!

We would also like to offer gift cards in our Resaleworld store. From what I read in the thread relating to gift cards, it appears that most of you are not selling large quantities of gift cards - anywhere from 10 - 250 a year. Getting gift cards printed in smaller quantities is rather expensive. If you order more 1000 or so, you can get the cost down to a reasonable per card cost but smaller quantities are very expensive.

We thought we would try to take the bite out of forking over a huge amount a money for these by offering generic 4-color gift cards and then printing your store logo on the front of the card. We would also print relevant store information on the back of the card along with a unique gift card number for tracking purposes.

So I need your help, below are twenty samples of gift cards that I found all over the internet. They're pretty generic. THE AMOUNTS WILL NOT BE PRINTED ON THE CARDS - so disregard that. We're just trying to get an idea of style. Bottom line - they will all say something like "Gift Card", or "Happy Birthday", etc.

Let us know which cards you like the best. Pick your top 10. We're only going to offer 10 types in our store. As far as cost goes, we're really trying to keep these as cheap as possible. For now, let's just see what you like. Also, if you have any other recommendations on cards let us know.

If gift cards haven't won you over yet...here's a few things I came across on the internet that might sway you.

Gift cards offer...
                        Increased revenue
                        Increased float and slippage (on average 10-15% of cards are never redeemed)
                        No change given 100% Value
                        Gift card sales boost ( average 30% more than paper)
                        Additional revenue streams
                        Enhanced promotional capabilities to drive incremental sales
                        Encourages return visits to reduce value on card

Hope this helps!!
                        Ed DiRuzza
                        President

Comment

Gift Cards

We probably do about 5 -8 a month. More in the winter season.
                          I like S, F, or J. Irene Mylan, Clothes Circuit.

Comment

gift cards

here are my picks: F, K, S, I, Q, N, G

looking forward to the new option!

Comment

Hi Ed,

I will go through and give you my "faves" later today. One thought I felt worth mentioning there isn't a sample that is more "Holiday" (shhh don't tell anyone I said Christmas. lol) related.
                              Art Waldman
                              Klassy Kidz Resale
                              232 State Road 436
                              Casselberry, FL 32707
                              PH: 407.260.kidz(5439)
                              www.klassykidz.com
                              art@klassykidz.com

Like us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed DiRuzza View Post
                                Hey everyone,

The next release of Liberty (3.6) will include a number of new changes. I am sure you will like some of the additional features we are currently adding.

The good news is that gift cards have been implemented into this version. You will be able to sell gift cards, add amounts to them, redeem and replenish if you desire. There will be no fees for using the gift card feature. Yeah!

We would also like to offer gift cards in our Resaleworld store. From what I read in the thread relating to gift cards, it appears that most of you are not selling large quantities of gift cards - anywhere from 10 - 250 a year. Getting gift cards printed in smaller quantities is rather expensive. If you order more 1000 or so, you can get the cost down to a reasonable per card cost but smaller quantities are very expensive.

We thought we would try to take the bite out of forking over a huge amount a money for these by offering generic 4-color gift cards and then printing your store logo on the front of the card. We would also print relevant store information on the back of the card along with a unique gift card number for tracking purposes.

So I need your help, below are twenty samples of gift cards that I found all over the internet. They're pretty generic. THE AMOUNTS WILL NOT BE PRINTED ON THE CARDS - so disregard that. We're just trying to get an idea of style. Bottom line - they will all say something like "Gift Card", or "Happy Birthday", etc.

Let us know which cards you like the best. Pick your top 10. We're only going to offer 10 types in our store. As far as cost goes, we're really trying to keep these as cheap as possible. For now, let's just see what you like. Also, if you have any other recommendations on cards let us know.

If gift cards haven't won you over yet...here's a few things I came across on the internet that might sway you.

Gift cards offer...
                                Increased revenue
                                Increased float and slippage (on average 10-15% of cards are never redeemed)
                                No change given 100% Value
                                Gift card sales boost ( average 30% more than paper)
                                Additional revenue streams
                                Enhanced promotional capabilities to drive incremental sales
                                Encourages return visits to reduce value on card

I like E, I and O - gift cards would be great - way more professional looking than my gift certificates that I print myself!

Comment

Working...
                                X